Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Showing my face again....

So... I'm baaaaack. I think. It has been almost a year since my last post and some stuff's happened since then. I gained back the weight I lost, ate a bunch of carbs, and lost 44 pounds again. Oh, and yeah, I had a baby, so that might explain it.

I was a hormonal mess right off the bat after finding out that baby #3 was on the way. Part of it was because I couldn't stay as strict with the low carb lifestyle as I was before. Turns out, ketosis - not so great for a pregnant lady. So I added more carbs to my diet. Initially it was peanut butter and some nuts, then it progressed to bagels. Pumpernickel bagels, with a thick layer of butter. And not just one, mind you, I went through 2 or 3 of those bad boys. A day. Because if its one thing I'm not, is half-assed in anything I do. ;-) I went through phases of being just pissed off in the first trimester or so because I had lost so much weight and I knew it was going to go back on during the pregnancy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The other reason I was so tightly wound throughout the entire pregnancy was the overwhelming fear that it wouldn't work out. Having had two back to back miscarriages after having a hard time getting pregnant, I was constantly worried that it would happen again. I generally keep my blog posts kind of funny and light, but infertility and loss are definitely no laughing matter. It isn't talked about enough, and when it is, I still hear about it in hushed tones, as if women that deal with these issues are somehow defective or messed up. We're not. Maybe I'll devote a post to the subject at some point, but for now, that's all I have to say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to December 4, 2013 and my little guy entered the world and made our family complete. And I couldn't wait to get home from the hospital and fit into my clothes again. Unrealistic much? Needless to say, that didn't work out like I thought it would. Instead, I went through crying spells and the almost daily "Oh God, nothing will ever fit me again!!" phrase had become my mantra. At least my sweats still fit. Ugh.

About 40 days after having my son, I decided to go low carb again. It took me a few days to get back on the horse, as it were, but 3 months later I am down 44 pounds and I am starting to feel like me again. I have a long road ahead of me because I wasn't done with the weight loss before I got knocked up, but I am getting there and seeing the results makes me happy. :-)

I also started exercising, bike and treadmill, simple stuff. But about a month ago I got sick, coughing short of breath, the whole nine. The feeling that I was stagnating with my routine derailed was such a pisser, really. Lucky for me, someone posted this

 http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-arm-challenge/

and I was all like "Damn, I can do this, easy peasy." Yeah, not so much on the easy part, especially when you misjudge what you're capable of. But I am sticking with it. In fact, I am doing 3 different challenges at this point, planking, arms and squats. And I feel fan-tastic. I still have a long road ahead of me, but I started and that's what counts. I'm not looking to win competitions, train people or model. (though kudos to those that do) I'm just trying to feel comfortable with myself again, and that's my prize at the end of the day.

I started this blog as a food blog and I'll be posting more recipes in the coming days, I just felt like I needed to say a few things and kind of get up to speed again.

Thanks for reading! xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment