Monday, April 8, 2013

Bread!

Hey everyone, hope you all are having as good a Monday as possible. :-)

Since the family was at the Greek Independence Day Parade in NY yesterday, and since we came home exhausted, I decided that last night was take out night, so no dinner recipes today. Instead, I have, for your dining pleasure, a *gasp* bread recipe.

Generally, low carb excludes breads, potatoes, sugars and the like, but I found a recipe online that I felt was worth giving a shot. Boy, did that pay off!

Here's the recipe:

http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/no-carb-bread

I omitted the sweeteners because I didn't feel that they were necessary and to add some variety, I used 1/2 cup of almond flour and 1 1/2 cups of flax meal. I also didn't have any coconut oil, so I used olive oil. This is so simple to make, and it tastes good, too! No mixers needed, no kneading, none of that stuff. Just whisk all the ingredients together and pop it in the oven for 35 minutes or so. It didn't rise as much as the picture on the recipe's page, but whatever, it served its purpose. :-)

Top it with some butter, or a tablespoon of peanut butter and there you have it!  Or slice it differently and make a (wait for it) sandwich!

I am planning on re-tooling this recipe and making it with coconut flour, almond meal and 1/2 a cup of flax just to see how it comes out. When I do, I'll post it, whether it is great, or an epic fail :-)

Hope you all have a great week!




Ingredients (I used more than two eggs, per the recipe, I just had two left over  when I realized I wanted to take pics :-))


Bread!


No comments:

Post a Comment