Monday, April 22, 2013

Lamb chop heaven

Hey there everyone! A very happy week to you all!

I was so stoked to make these on Saturday night and I am even more stoked to give you guys the recipe!
Like I mentioned in a previous post, where you get your lamb is pretty important. Lamb is a pricey meat and if you're going to spend money on something, why not get quality for your buck? So again, if you've got a butcher nearby, go to that guy for your lamb.

That being said, I came across this recipe on my favorite food low-carb food blog right here:

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/04/grilled-lamb-chops-with-charmoula-low-carb.html

I didn't have the Ras el-hanout spices called for in the recipe, and I'm not a huge fan of cumin, so I decided to keep the spices on the lamb pretty darn simple. Plus, when you're got cuts as fresh as I did, you don't want to overload the meat with a bunch of stuff that will take away from the awesome flavor of the lamb. So I went with salt, black pepper, oregano and a dash of cayenne pepper and put those bad boys on the grill pan. This would also work well on the outdoor grill, but it was chilly out, and I was lazy, so grill pan it was :-)

I made the charmoula sauce exactly according to the recipe and it. was. AWESOME. I mean, I read the blog post and I was all like "Yeah, yeah, I'm sure its okay." But it was beyond ok. My taste buds were having a party that kept on going. It was that good.

I grilled some asparagus as a side dish and just added lemon juice, salt, and olive oil and bingo! There was Saturday night's dinner. I couldn't stop stuffing my face with those chops and the best part was that I totally could because it was a delicious low carb dinner that  will probably wind up being a new staple in this house. Hope you all enjoy it too!










No comments:

Post a Comment