Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Faux"-coccia

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend :-)

Last night's dinner plans went awry due to an incredibly busy day, so we went with an old standby for dinner. Simple, quick, and really really delicious :-)

I got the recipe here: (they call it Faux-coccia, but its really a quiche.)


and I followed it to the letter.. well, almost. ;-) I used 8 ounces of Neufchatel cheese and 8 eggs. I also added more to the toppings. Namely, I added peppers, mushrooms, scallions and bacon and it came out, as always, awesome. (I love spicy foods, so I also added some crushed red pepper flakes on top before popping it into the oven.)

(I tend to use a lot of peppers in my cooking because aside from adding a nice flavor, they are an excellent source of vitamin C, so I load up almost everything I make with them.)

This can be made for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, its really versatile and filling.

Bon appetit! 

Here's the cost of ingredients:

Eggs (18 count large): $2.79
Pre-cooked bacon: $2.99
Neufchatel cheese: $1.75
Bag of red, yellow and orange peppers: $5.99
Heavy cream: $2.49
Cheddar cheese shreds: $3.00
Mushrooms: $.80
Scallions: $.79 per bunch
Tomatoes: $1.75

Total cost of dinner:

Eggs (8): $1.24
Bacon: $1.20
Neufchatel cheese: $1.75
Heavy cream: $.25
Cheddar cheese shreds: $3.00
Mushrooms: $.80
Tomatoes: $1.00
Scallions: $.50
Peppers: $1.00


$10.74. Hope you all enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment